Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Checking In : Mental Health

 I would like to say that my time away was for amazing things. That I have returned with an immense number of things to tell you about. But the truth is hardly as interesting. Like many folks currently, I've been having a difficult time.

Yes, my time at the Halloween store was a welcome reprieve. It let me pretend for a short while that things may have been improving. But as October came to a close and the familial holidays arrive, the false hope it provided has been dashed.

I have nothing to speak about. My heart and mind are heavy with worry. Daily life is full of variables that are difficult to control. And as more people get infected with Covid 19 locally, society becomes more unstable.

There are some who claim that the virus is a hoax. I find their denial discouraging. I also find the political climate... taxing. I guess that's the best way to put it now. 

Personally, I've been  having a harder struggle with my mental health. I am worried. I am scared. I feel as though my purpose is no longer a thing. What is my purpose? Why am I here?

The stress and increase of factors at work... I don't know how to deal with it.

I did talk to my doctor who prescribed me a medication. I'm honestly... struggling more now. 

But I'm here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment