Monday, April 8, 2019

Crafting, Creating, and Pain Management

I am honestly sorry that I haven't been writing here as often as I would like to. But part of that is caused by the fact that I don't have the internet at home currently. It does put a bit of a damper on things, as it makes it a bit more difficult for me to find a reliable set up t o come in and write. I was advised that maybe I could do it by phone. But there really isn't a reason that I want to do that. It only increases my spelling error rate.

And to be honest I don't really have much to talk about currently. I haven't had a lot of good things that would interest you to say. And honestly the bad things are more frustrating than interesting for me.

So I have been crafting still. I have been working on a couple craft swaps, the most recent one we finished was based on the 90's, and was a ton of fun for me. I just wish that the things I had ordered online to add to the package had turned up on time, to be included in the outgoing mailer so that it would be complete as I had envisioned it.

Creating a wide variety of unique things has been a goal as more topics are brought up. I am also participating in the dnd craft swap on Instagram, and I am kinda helping to run it even though I am admittedly a bit behind in making the check ins. q.q

I have also been working on completing some dice trays and a mini carry box for the new dungeons and dragons Adventure League group we are playing in at the local game shop on Fridays. My boyfriend is dming one of the groups, and while he is a bit nervous about it I also know that it is good for him. I like the idea that he is getting to be more social with people, and getting to be more comfortable in new circumstances. It is very good for him, me too in a way. Because I don't have to worry as much about him being alone.

Pain management is my major issue the past month or so. My head has been killing me, enough that I went to the doctor to see if there is something wrong. She had me go in for an MRI but they didn't find anything that would be the cause for the pain. We're on the second pain medication, but today... Today it is barely taking the edge off. I want to blame the weather and lack of sleep as the cause of the pain, but... I can't be completely sure.

So in truth I haven't been super active in general. I'm spending a lot of my time just wishing that my head would stop hurting. I am very tired of hurting. I would really like to be able to do the things I enjoy without aching. It is distracting and discouraging.

In any case, this is me checking in. Sorry for the silent air, I will work on it, but right now I honestly... can't. It hurts to look at the screen this long. Thanks for sticking around.


No comments:

Post a Comment