Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Checking In : Around But Not

I've been working different hours at work. Which leaves me tired when I get home, so I haven't been doing a lot online or on the computer in general.I miss my friends though. I also miss having moments to go and do fun things.

But there aren't very many things out there to do. The current virus is not festive in anyway, and most of us would like to stay healthy. It's alright to miss the things that you were hoping to do though. It's fair enough to mourn the normalcy you knew before.

Normal is never going to be the same for us in our lifetime. The changes that are happening are more far reaching than they would have been. But there's no way to change the things that have been. We have to live with the things that are now.

We should turn to the arts to help fill the void though. Don't let your lives become empty a devoid of the things that bring joy into your life. Music, movies, and various art can help offer your mind things to mull over something that isn't fear.

We shouldn't be afraid of living now. It's never going to be the same, our hopes and dreams of the future need to change. It is not going to be easy to go forward. There is a sadness in the unknown, the dreams I've had in my past are dashed. There aren't many things left for me to do that could make things better.

It's terrifying. It's absolutely terrifying to be in a place where the future is void. I don't know what there is to hope for anymore. I want to have hope, I want a reason to hang in here. I'm trying so very hard not to let the void get the better of me.

But it's not as easy to do as some want to believe. I want to be careful. I want to be ... here?

But why?

I miss having a reason.

I am so tired.

Exhausted.

Life is exhausting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment