Sunday, March 24, 2013

Just a Day Out

Today was a bit of a change of pace.  We went out and did a little bit of nothing. Just spent some time looking at stuff that we don't need and can't afford. But it was kind of nice to see Polke laughing and looking at stuff. Sometimes it seems like he isn't really interested in much more than his video game anymore. But he had some fun out of the house.

We went to the Tierrasanta park and had lunch. We packed it here at home. I was going to take some pictures at the park, but there wasn't really much there to take pictures of. It was more like the park at the end of O'Connell Ave(pardon if my spelling is off, am a bit tired atm), With some sports fields and a playground and things. What makes it a bit different than the park in Buffalo is the fact that they had two or three buildings there for indoor activities.

One building housed some basketball courts. The other one was a pool building. I saw another building there that looked like a large gazebo, But I'm not sure what that one was for. It's a nice looking facility to be honest, but when I was thinking about going to the park for a picnic, this kind of location wasn't exactly what I had in mind. It was nice to watch some parents playing catch and kick ball with their kids, and there were a number of people playing baseball and basketball.

One thing that I saw while we were there that was interesting may seem a bit silly when I mention it, but I thought it was interesting so I took a picture to show you.


Yeah, You're not seeing things. It's a soda machine in a cage. I don't think I've ever seen one of these before. Polke says that it's a common practice here. If it is, it's not as common in the area's that we've been going to as he thinks. But that's alright.

The other thing I saw today that I thought was AMAZING was at the Lego store in fashion valley mall. Remember how I mentioned we looked at things we didn't need or afford? Well, this was SUPER cool, and we definitely don't need it. But we both thought it looked like a lot of fun to maybe make. So I took a picture just because we could.


Mhm! It's R2D2 made out of Lego's. XD. I thought it was interesting, so I took a picture of it. They had a few other neat Star Wars kits completed and on display, but this is the only one that really interested me. If the store hadn't been so full of kids we might have gone a bit further in and looked at some of the other things that they had there. But because it was as full as it was at the time we only stayed in the front of the store.

Anyway, that's a little about the way our day out went. Thanks for reading. Remember, we miss you and you can always drop either of us an email or a message in the comment section here on the blog. As an added bonus for the day here's a music video for a song that I've found enjoyable, and kind of expresses how I feel about some things lately.


No comments:

Post a Comment