Friday, March 17, 2017

What's On Screen?: TMNT

Alright, let's be honest here, we all have a tendency to watch a cartoon now and then. Well this past week I've watched more tv and movies in one go than I have in a very long time. I've been helping kid sit, which means cartoons are a household staple. They help keep the peace. I was actually shocked though, to find out this particular cartoon film came out without much fanfare, in fact I don't think I ever heard about it coming out.


This particular Ninja Turtle film was released in 2007. Which is why it feels even more bizarre to me that I hadn't heard anything about it. Unlike the pure cartoon versions, or the live action type films, this particular movie was computer animation. AT first it seemed like a strange option, but given the date when it was released, the digital animation is done well and is convincing.

The storyline itself seemed a bit farfetched, but when your main characters are gigantic turtles, what else can you expect? It included and 'immortal' general, monsters, random foot warriors, Casey Jones, and April. I was honestly surprised that they included Casey, But I guess over time he's more or less become a fifth turtle.

The character designs were fairly creative stylistically. But they did keep key elements that many fans would associate with various characters. April wore yellow, Casey was still crazy. But  all in all it was a pleasant change from some of the other things I've been watching.

I don't recommend it as something to go out of your way to watch, unless you're really into the turtles. But if you're watching netflix with kids, don't hesitate to put it on as an option they might not have watched yet. Well that's all for today! Have fun and stay magical!

No comments:

Post a Comment