Friday, January 6, 2017

What's on Screen? Baby's Day Out

When it comes to the early 90's there's a ton of movies that are considered to be classic. But no matter who you ask, what these films are vary. But in our house as I grew up, there were some movies that were on constantly. Mr. Boogedy, Bushwacked, Home Alone, and the movie that we're watching today. Baby's Day Out.

My father loves this movie. Almost a little too much to be honest. We've probably had almost 50 copies of it through the years. I might be exaggerating slightly, but I want you to understand how important or beloved the film is. It still is. I found the copy I'm watching for someone else. My brothers children requested it for the holidays. But it wasn't to be found in time for that. But since I don't give up easily, I found it! I picked it up at a game store in Buffalo when I was hanging out with a good friend.

Movie Poster from Web

So why is this movie so much fun to watch? It's not hugely mainstream, so it's not like everyone has seen it. It doesn't have the greatest special effects, You can tell the gorilla isn't real. There's no hard core fighting. Instead there's a baby outwitting 3 grown adults while following the storyline of his favorite book.

While this might sound absurd, I have to admit it's actually enjoyable. The movie itself has a lot of the classic comedy physical humour that you would associate with other humorous film, such as Home Alone or most of the Three Stooges material. It is a great example of how exaggeration can be used to create amusing situations in unexpected manners.

If the weather has you feeling a little down and you need a laugh, I highly recommend this movie. I don't know how hard it might be to find, but if you can find it, I hope you see why it makes me laugh. Not just small giggle laughs, mouth grin laughs. And I hope it turns the corners of your mouth up too.


No comments:

Post a Comment