Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Life Update : 2018 is off to a...start?

Let's be honest, after the way 2017 went, 2018 should be a piece of cake. But that's being overly optimistic I have found. Not because anything specific to me is of concern immediately. In fact things are getting rather interesting in general. It is going to be a rather eventful year.

As of today I know I'll be attending 4 weddings this year. Two of them being those of my brothers, and the others for close friends. To be honest I still haven't found my dress for the August wedding, and in fact am figuring to alter one. Nothing like a little needlework to bring out the best in someone.

Christmas will be coming around again at the end of the year, and with a 42 person list (plus a few others but I'm not counting them in the head count) I have to start early. I have decided though that from here on in children will be receiving books instead of toys. This is to help save my own sanity and help them to expand their reading horizons.

My brother has been ill for a while now. He has recently been told much to our sadness that he's going to need to have a liver transplant. Something in his liver has stopped working properly. His eyes are extremely yellow, and it's a little scary to be honest. It might not have been such horrible news, except for the icing on the cake is his blood type. O isn't necessarily the most common.

Adding to this saddening event, is that their family dog has to be put down. The town is requiring it because he has taken to biting people. His first offense wasn't really his fault. But his second was his fault. It makes me sad that the kids are going to be sad. But in a way it's a blessing with everything else that's happening currently. It would be even more heartbreaking if he bit one of the kids.

All in all things aren't completely positive or negative. But I'm definitely looking at some complex situations.

Oh! One good thing is that we applied to hopefully have a table at an event in June. As of now no answers, but it's neat to try.

Anyway that's a short update with a little information. I know I am not sharing everything, but right now I'd rather you not worry that much. Have a great week and we're working on getting back on track.

Addendum : My Cousin passed away yesterday. So among everything else, this is turning out to be a smashing new year. (that's sarcasm in case you are uncertain)

No comments:

Post a Comment