Friday, January 12, 2018

On Screen : Netflix

Let me be a little bit honest. I'm not really big on watching tv at home. In fact I like the quiet. But I've had company here for a bit and that's ALL they want to do is watch tv. So Netflix has actually been a big help in providing them entertainment, and also saving my sanity. Why do I say this? Because listening to the same movie or show over and over drives me crazy.

Netflix has a wide variety of shows currently that offer a variety of options to choose from. My father keeps picking shows with lots of blood and fighting, and my Mom, well she is stuck on The Ranch which my dad keeps complaining about. But there are more similarities than he realizes.

He keeps complaining about language in The Ranch, but it doesn't have fighting or blood and gore. He seems to think that swearing and murder and other miscellaneous not for kids activities are fine. My Mom is annoyed because he seems to have this double standard.

They've been watching:
Stranger Things

Marvel's The Punisher

iZombie

The Ranch

This is only listing the serial type shows they've been watching not the movies. I haven't really been watching them, but I've been listening to them argue about them. But unlike when they're at home or where Netflix is not, at least they're not repeating the same few episodes over and over and over. So I guess that's a positive thing about Netflix.

To be honest I'm really tired of listening to people argue.

Anyway, that's what they're watching around here. Now I'd give a more opinionated look at them, but to be honest I haven't been really watching along. It's hard to keep up with a story when they watch episodes when you're at work so you have no idea what's going on. But I can say that after the other three, The Ranch is a nice change.


No comments:

Post a Comment