Sunday, October 22, 2023

What's on Screen : The Munsters

 It's been a while. I know that there's no excuse for it. But life hasn't really been easy lately. There's been a lot going on that's been stressful.

But you don't want to hear about any of that. More importantly I don't want to write about it currently.

Instead I want to give a note about something I watched recently.



So I finally got to watch the most recent incanation of The Munsters. I was hopeful about watching it, and honestly looked forward to it. The Munsters is actually one of the few shows I hunted down all of on DVD (I am still missing season one of the Addams Family B&W show).

But I must admit that I was dissapointed. The movie lacked substance, and didn;'t have any real resolution.

***Possible Spoilers if you haven't watched **
*
*
*
*
*
*

The movie seemed to go about how Lily and Herman met. But the whole movie seemed to lack the heart of the original show. The sets were goirgeous, the costumes were fun, and the makeup was amazing. There were even script throwbacks to important statements from the original show.

But it dissapointed me. I don't know if it's because I haven't had a reason to watch any new movies in a long time. Or if it is because I honestly expected more.

I'm crying as I write this. I don't know why. 

All I know is that I expected something more... The whole movie could have been reduced to a half hour and not lost anything.

I'm sorry, but as much as I wanted to enjoy it. I didn't. 

Would I watch it again?

Maybe. But not alone.

Would I buyy it on DVD?

Only to add it to the collection if it was cheap enough. Which isn't a good reason.

So while I enjoyed the original show, this movie didn't bring me any joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment