Thursday, July 25, 2024

Just Visiting : Shakespeare in Delaware Park : The Comedy of Errors

 The second play of the summer start tonight! I hope some of you will have a chance to head out and see it while they perform. The cast spend a lot of time preparing, and each show is a little unique. Since I'm posting this reminder before seeing the show, I am going in blind as to the theme of the play. (I mean, why spoil it right?)


The Comedy of Errors
July 25, 2024 through August 18, 2024

Yes I know you may have read this before but as a reminder please keep in mind the following information.

Generally the shows run Tuesdays through Sunday evenings. They start at 7:30 pm, offering you the opportunity to enjoy an evening of professional theatre more or less free of charge. Bring a blanket or chair to sit on, your own refreshments and someone to enjoy the show with, unless you prefer to sit alone. They do accept donations at the intermission, and it is never a bad thing to support the arts..

Like past years I do recommend that you head to the park earlier than show time to get better seats, as it is frequently crowded. When we saw The Winter's Tale we arrived around 5:45 and the hill was already starting to fill up. There are some restaurants in the area, but I personally recommend bringing something with you to enjoy during the show.

I know I mentioned it in the past, by I will repeat myself because there are only so many ways to say things at times. If you're uncertain as to the part of Delaware Park the stage is located in, it's basically behind the Albright Knox Art Gallery, which is NOT close to the Zoo at all. . Please keep in mind that parking is on a first come first serve basis, so if you wish to park closer to the event you should go early. If you have children there is a wonderful playground close to the staging area so the kids can play before the show if you arrive early enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment