Wednesday, February 8, 2017

February is the Second Month

Which means there's really only 10 months until the holidays are back again. A cringe worthy idea considering it feels as though we've only just finished them. But it also means that it's time to stop feeling so miserable, winter will be coming to an end soon enough. We will have some warm weather for a bit afterwards, and then eventually fall will be back again.

So I will admit that I've started my Christmas shopping already. My plan is to more or less repeat last year, and have most of the shopping finished around the end of August. Why start so early? Well, there's a few reasons. By starting my shopping this early, I can take advantage of the various sales that will happen through the coming months. It gives me a multitude of opportunities to find special things to delight my friends and family, while hopefully staying within my budget.

Christmas shopping is only part of it though, there are birthdays to consider! So many birthdays... it's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's a thing that I have to consider. But we're only 2 months into 2017 and these really sound like superficial concerns. But they're concerns to me. I have many family members, and a group of close friends that I adore and I don't want them to feel disappointed or unloved. Although, I suppose presents don't really do either of those things, but it's the thought that counts. I want them to know that they're well thought of.

As far as personal discoveries, our local walmart now has a section with underpants for 88 cents a pair! I know it may sound stupid to be excited about this, but underpants can get to be expensive, and they aren't something that is usually easy for me to replace. I had been content buying single pairs, for around $3 a piece. But this new section has offered me a chance to pick up a few more pairs so I don;t have to feel bad if...well.. you know, girl stuff happens. So as someone who doesn't own a lot of cute pairs, having some basic comfy ones that were affordable as an option, is almost like something out of a fiction story.

Hrmmm... Oh! My mom found me a pair of Everbrite pinking shears, complete with pink box that's stamped Japan on the back. I love the vintage packaging, even though it's pink it's refreshing to have something that's not neon. And while I haven't been doing a lot of projects of late that require pinking, they may well be very useful in the not so distant future. It never hurts to be prepared of course. I also picked up a cute Melissa and Doug tote at the thrift store that I've transferred some of my sewing and crafting stuff into. It's actually proving to be a nice size for what I do in a general sense.

For valentines day I'm making my boyfriend some microwavable heat packs. I found some cute flannel in the remnant bin at Joann's and picked it up. It came to around $1.60, but it's got a video game character all over it. It's also just enough to make 2 large heat packs, a medium size pack, and 2 pocket size packs. I'm figuring to use the basic rice recipe, but the hand stitching of them is proving to be a slow process. I just hope that they will hold up to the wear and tear of daily life (which they should). He seems to be ok with the idea that I'm making him something. I was worried that he might feel offended, that I'm making him a present instead of buying one.

And if you want to know why this is written in the middle of the day, am home sick. But hey, we can't have everything. If I'm lucky I'll feel better soon... If I'm not it's going to be a long day... being home isn't any fun ~_~




No comments:

Post a Comment