Friday, April 7, 2017

What's on Screen? : Moana

I haven't been up to date when it comes to seeing a large number of films of late. But I do have a very soft spot when it comes to animation. No one has done animation as reliably as the Disney studio. It was very interesting when I heard they were going to do a movie based in Polynesia I was excited. Now I know there was a lot of arguments and controversy about the character designs. But I really have to say it was worth the wait.


Now Moana is  a great story. You have a strong female character, general conflict with a small number of characters as the focus. Maui is a charming self centered character, who through Moana's intervention relearns to be a  more positive character. You also have a variety of new looks that have been lacking in most movies.

There are no direct villains in this film, which seems a bit odd. Meaning there is no direct bad guy. There are some characters that are used to move along conflict, and offer action. There's the coconut pirates, and a giant crab.

I give it a huge high amount of stars. And eventually I'll add it to my own film collection, I think.  I hope it's not a spoiler for most of you, but below you'll see my favorite scene in the movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment