Friday, July 7, 2017

Spoon In Pudding

This is a poem that I wrote at the Albright Knox when I was visiting there in 2008. It was inspired by a few real life problems, rather things that I felt were problems. Nut anyway, hope you get a giggle out of it. It's a lot different than some of my more recent writing, but I think you might get an idea about the way I was feeling then and the things that were bothering me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Spoon in Pudding"

Bite Your tongue
turn off the tv
and listen to me
you need to do laundry
the rugs need cleaned
and you're sitting there playing Halo 3

I know it's your hobby
but darling you know
i hate the way your sloppy
in my domain, my home

you try to claim sanctuary
and hide in your room
but i swear am gonna make you
eat the friggin broom

i know your friend's on your side
of course they're on yours
they say you're being taken for a ride
but your mother's on my side

she says you need to clean up
you need to take a break
before i put that Xbox
through our front window
and your neck in a brace

what's that you're done playing?
your mom's at the door?
good riddance to that damn thing
it's going to the kids next door.

(c)K.M.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment