Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Lindars' Stories Revisited : Mermaids Lament

Mermaids Lament

my heart is yearning for the sea
the place where once I roamed
among the green and ferny fronds
beside my hidden home

but foolishly I desired to roam the world above
believing 'tween the forest and sands
perhaps i'd fall in love

but people are not quite the same
they're burnt and hardened by the sun
not like those gentle souls that live
in mere moonlight strands of gold

but too late it is I've realized
that there is no return
for dreaming and wishing is all that's left
for a lost oceans soul

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally published on one of my livejournals 8/30/2009 https://lindarfenume.livejournal.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment