Saturday, December 5, 2020

Personal Update: Keep Hanging In There

 Let's be honest. 2020 has been awful in general. The number of people that have died over the course of this year alone, whether from Covid 19 or other causes, feels immense. In the grand scheme of things it has left me feeling insignificant, as there  seems to be very little that I can do for anyone. Which fueled my anxiety and depression into an inferno.

So for the past month or so I was trying a new medication, which only brought back symptoms I had believed were under control. Turning me even more into a blanket slug. Thankfully I stopped taking it for now, with doctor permission. I feel better than I did on that medication, But I still don't feel entirely myself again.

But I know I am not alone in feeling this way. So many other people out there are feeling.... trapped? Uncertain? Lost? 

We feel like in the grand scheme of things no one cares about what happens to us or to those around us. It's absolutely frustrating and discouraging.

But that doesn't mean we want to give up... but sometimes it feels like giving up is the only option available to us.

It's not going to be getting any easier over the coming months. In fact it will be getting more complicated. So ... remember you're not alone.

None of  us are really alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment