Saturday, April 3, 2021

Acceptance of the Unavoidable

 I am truly at a loss to explain how I feel of late. I have always had good intentions, and the desire to keep going. But it's hard to move forward when the roots that I had in my life are slowly dying off. I know that there is no one to blame but time itself. We all pass on eventually, but accepting this isn't something that many enjoy.

Covid 19, has been in our lives actively for over a year now. It's difficult to find folks now that haven't been touched by it's shadow. I still feel sad when I hear someone say that they don't know anyone who has died, so why is it different than anything else. It's different because the majority of people in the world don't have an immunity for this particular type of virus. Even the people that have had the unfortunate run in with the virus, can catch the same virus more than once.

Now it is mutating, and that's a terrifying reality we all have to accept. Many people do not enjoy wearing the face masks in public, but the truth that must be admitted is that people aren't as sick as they have been in the past. The common colds and common flues that are usually running rampant from late September through late April don't seem to be causing as much trouble in society.

But people don't seem to notice the good things that we have had happen. The ability to see them is harder than I'd like to admit.

No comments:

Post a Comment