Friday, September 14, 2018

Artist Spotlight : Skin Like Butter

So I've been trying some new things. Specifically I've become curious about different oil perfumes. I have been slow to gain traction as far as purchases, but not too long ago, I did a mass purchase or samples from a variety of shops, and since I haven't been writing about much, I thought I would do a spotlight or two based on my purchases.

So the first purchase I want to share was from an etsy shop called Skin Like Butter. In fact most of the purchases I will be sharing in the near future come from etsy. Skin Like Butter offers both retail and wholesale bath and body products. These include (but are not limited to) a variety of body lotions, scrubs, body washes, bath salts, and various perfume oils.

I'm not really very good at girl stuff, but a good friend of mine introduced me to the concept of perfume imps. They are smaller testing tubes of perfumes or perfume oils that enable you to try something without being committed to a whole bottle. Some perfume oils get very expensive fast. But the pricing in this shop is reasonable in my opinion. A bottle of oil perfume goes a very long way easily. But I went with a sample set.

So first things first, when a shop has 138 different scents (and probably more in the near future) to pick from, it can seem very daunting to pick a small number to order samples of. So, with that in mind I selected their pick 25 option. This allowed me to pick around 1/5th of their library to test, which has been a daunting task.

I will be honest I haven't even gotten half way through the scents I selected, but I am so far enjoying the process of wearing different ones to find some that I like enough to get in a full size. You can find the list of scents I selected at the bottom of this post in a list, with a few notes next to the scents I have thoughts on already.


Each imp is labeled individually, making it easy to know what scent you're looking at. It also helps to give you an idea what the perfume in the tester may smell like. But yeah, I've been having some fun testing perfumes and looking for a scent that I can add to my daily life that people will be able to relate to me. But I know that it's a process. My Grandmother liked rose perfume, while my Aunt wore White Diamonds. It's all a matter of preference, but a scent can leave behind memories so, there's that.

I may or may not update the scent list below with reactions to others as I try them, but for now these are the scents I'm currently testing from Skin Like Butter. I have a couple so far that I'm thinking to order larger bottles of, hopefully before they leave the collection.

Have you ordered from them before? Do you have a favorite scent? Let me know, because this is a fun learning experience.

Honey
White Pumpkin- absolutely adore this scent. This was the first one from the batch I tested for a day. 
Peppermint
Caramel Apple - very sweet, but not in a bad way.
Passion Fruit
Waffle Cone - this one got a great reaction from others. Again, a sweet scent.
Raspberry Vanilla
Milk
Watermelon
Marshmallow
Tobacco
Grapefruit Sorbet- this one turned out to not be one for me. But I know someone that may like it.
Lemon Cupcake
Chocolate Mint
Pina Colada
Pumpkin
Peppercorn & Port
Black Currant Cassis
Red Currant
Banana Walnut Cake
Lime Sorbet
Sugar
Orange Vannila
Acai Berry
Suede

No comments:

Post a Comment