Friday, May 25, 2018

Keeping Busy

I know that it might seem a little silly to some of you, but I want to let you know that I'm going to be working very hard to make sure I have a variety of pieces completed and available for Lil-Con at the end of June.

I've been sewing and working on things for months, but my health has made it difficult to complete a ton of pieces. On the bright side though, the space isn't going to be huge, but it is going to be just big enough for what I need.

I'm curious to see if anyone is interested in the types of things I make, as well as to have a chance to share things with more people than my immediate life web.

Yesterday I visited someone at the hospital and was reminded that there is no telling what can happen in our lives. We're not immortal and the unexpected can change things quickly. So while I know that may seem cryptic, I'm tired of waiting. It's time to go ahead and work on things that make me happy. Because eventually, it will be too late.

I'm afraid that I'm going to lose a lot of things, because no one seems to know what exactly is wrong. But right now, I am going to tell you something that has me worried. I'm losing depth in my vision. Grass sort of looks generic, and looks like astro turf. The reason I know this is a problem, is because upon closer inspection the grass is tall or choppy, meaning I'm not seeing things correctly.

It's scary. I feel like I'm losing colors as well. I'm not sure if it's just part of getting old, or if it's something that I should really be concerned with.

Most of you don't really care I know. I know that I'm not the most interesting person of late, and I also know that in the long run it won't matter.

But it feels like it matters to me. So maybe, while no one else cares, I need to care.

No comments:

Post a Comment