Wednesday, May 2, 2018

What's on Screen? Tale of Tales

SPOILER warning! If you intend on watching this film you may not want to read my commentary about it. I say this not because I am going to be giving a play by play, but because I want you to have a chance to make your own opinions. If you're not worried about that, please by all means read away.




Tale of Tales was earmarked as a movie that was trending on Netflix so I thought I would give it a try. I watched the whole thing. I have a few observations, but the biggest sentiment by the end of the movie was a sense of dissatisfaction.

I say this because I feel as if the film lacked closure. This may have been intentional to challenge the viewer to decide what should happen next. But I found it disappointing. You never find out what happens when the prince finds his mother missing, or what happens to the vain "queen". But maybe that was the point of the film? To leave us wondering and thinking about how the stories may have ended?

The costumes were absolutely gorgeous though. I can't even begin to express how excited I was as the film started off strongly with gorgeous costumes. In the image posted above you can get a slight preview of them, but they're absolutely fabulous. I am so very impressed by their costume designer. I would watch the movie again simply for the costumes. That should tell you a lot I think.

There were some points in the film that were a bit gruesome. But none of them were as bad as some of the things they show on tv nowadays. (Oh man, that makes me sound old.) But the way it's shown, and the way it's presented makes sense in the storyline.

Anyway, it's an alright movie. But I don't see how it earned trending status. But hey, it could have earned it because people were wondering the same thing. Why is this here?

Do you have any movie recommendations? Let us know below.


No comments:

Post a Comment