Friday, November 17, 2017

Hijacking the Blog for Off the Shelf!

Hi, my names is Amanda, and I'm hijacking Katie's blog.  Wait!  Wait!  Don't rebel yet - it's with permission.  She asked me to do some book reviews, as she knows I'm a hard-core reader, and I have a backlog to share with you.

My name is Amanda, Katie and I have been friends for more years than either of us wants to own to, but I feel like she is my sister.  I'm glad to do this for her, but I'm a bit of an easily-distracted scatterbrain, so I'm way behind.  I'm hoping to make it all up to her, though.

About me:

1) I like books.  A lot.  As a change from Katie, I prefer solid book form to an e-book, as I tend to multi-task on a computer a lot, and I also lose my place a lot easier when I'm reading from an Adobe-like file.  I love the feel of a book in my hands, new or used, and the ambience and smell of a library or a good used book store is amazing to me.

2) I own a menagerie.  Four cats, a moose disguised as a dog, about a dozen fish in two aquariums, a hamster, and now an axolotl.  It keeps me busy.

3) Since agreeing to do these reviews, I've bought a house, renovated, moved, and supported my fiance through the trials of getting his NREMT (he just completed this within the last month).  So I slacked off horribly, which left your book reviews in limbo, me being a bad friend to Katie, and more on her shoulders.  But I'm gonna try to change all that now.

4)  Back to books... I like to think my favorite genre is fantasy, but honestly, it's romance.  Now that I'm older, I can admit this, though I promise not to deluge with a bunch of torrid x-rated items.  Not really my thing, and I do have more varied tastes.  Just do not be surprised if some of the fantasy or other items have at least a tiny bit of romance somewhere in there... but I also have Katie's list, and a treasure trove of books from before I became Prince Charming obsessed to fall back on, so you're in for a variety.

Enough with excuses and introductions... It's nice to meet you all, I'll hopefully see you fairly regularly, and she hopefully won't kick me off her blog when she sees my taste in books.

Ciao, book lovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment