Thursday, November 2, 2017

Holiday Shopping Starting Line

I have to get something off my chest. I finished the majority of my holiday shopping before August. Seeing as my list is around 42 people long, I have found it beneficial to spread the shopping out over the whole year, so when the holidays roll around, and now I only have 5 people to shop for, the sting isn't as painful.

But what about all the people who are starting holiday shopping now?

Well they're likely going to be watching for sales, but there are other options as well. After all, whole people may enjoy a video game or new tie, you can get them a more meaningful handmade gift instead, and often times for a similar cost.

Now, it is true that many people seem to be of the mind that a hand made gift is cheap. They're quite wrong, because these gifts require both forethought, shopping, and time to create. Or if you are going to purchase the gift from an artisan, it takes them time to create as well as ship your item.

So here's my warning shot. Christmas is now about 2 months off. In the next two weeks I'm going to be sharing a few gift ideas that you may find useful for some of your more difficult to shop for family members or friends.

I look forward to sharing the work of some amazing artisans and crafters with you, and I hope you'll find some inspirations in the works they create.

No comments:

Post a Comment