Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Grandfather Pluyta's Song

I was going through some of my older files recently, and I stumbled upon a folder buried in my writing folder. It's of a few short things I had been working on when Maru was working on the Jinopets project. It didn't last too long, but I remember how much fun it was. So I'm going to post a few of them here to share them with you. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did then.


This is what a Pluyta was.

 The dawn of time
Was not long past
When our story first began
And the phoenix Aeroh took to flight
Giving the day its light
But not to be outdone by her
The silver Nigard took to the sky
And where the shadows fell at night
Made stars, and phoenix he reflected.
The waters bubbled and broiled as deep beneath the sea
The Nasinar started to chant
And creatures filled the sea
On the land the earth was barren
 But the Metak saw to that
Forest soon were growing
And the scent of flowers filled the land.
Khaurn though scorned the daylight
And took to making caves
Kenja being quick to the chase took to the plains
The others all divided, living close and far
And each of them was different
But no single one can be called the star
For in truth as is reality
To be fruitful and have joy
There must be some interaction
And everyone must have a voice
After the jino’s had taken to the world
Humans seemed to just appear and populate
Far corners of their earth
And as we find now, as we see
Jino’s and humans are family
For together there is much to learn
Together they can destroy or build
Which brings us to today
Remember that the choice you make
Can affect another’s day

No comments:

Post a Comment