Saturday, January 21, 2017

What's on Screen? Goblin

I have to admit when a friend of mine messaged me and recommended that I watch a show that is currently being shown in Korea I felt a little bit of skepticism. I worried that the subtitles might distract from the action on the screen. I worried that there might be missing subtitles. I worried that it wouldn't be something of interest.

But I decided to go ahead and started watching the first episode. A week later and I've seen every episode that has been aired so far. (13) Which is an accomplishment since I'm not always interested in keeping up with a show.

If you're not interested in spoilers and simply want to explore the show blindly, please go here : Goblin, otherwise continue below. I'll try not to write too much.

image from http://www.hancinema.net/
To be honest I wasn't sure what to expect. But I have to admit that the show pulled on my heartstrings frequently enough that I was shocked. It's been a while since anything I've been watching moved me so. I cried a lot, I laughed a lot.

I have to say the storylines are entwined, and it's amazing that the depth isn't distracting. I love the layers of the characters. there's a lot of curiosity, and mystery. Tons of things to be interested in learning about,

I recommend it if you're in love with the idea of how different fantasy ideals are represented in the media. I suppose if you watch Supernatural, Grimm, or remember Charmed and Buffy you may find it interesting.

I'm babbling but I don't want to ruin it for you. But I give it a great big approval stamp.

EDIT: As of 1/24/2017 I've seen all 16 episodes. When I wrote this there had only been 13 available on the site I watched on. But again, totally worth watching the whole thing. The last 3 episodes provided all the closure I needed. I'm much happier (and soggier, I cried so much).

No comments:

Post a Comment