Monday, January 2, 2017

Music Monday : Finally!

One thing I have to say about the new year starting, is I've had a pleasant two days into 2017 so far. So with that in mind I don't want to jinx it. But so far I spent a lot of time playing Final Fantasy Online and Dream Chronicles on my DS. It's been very relaxing, and I'm not really looking forward to going back to the usual grind tomorrow. But as they say, all good things come to an end at some point.

So where do I want to start this year when it comes to music? I'm having a bit of difficulty deciding, which is why this post is so late in the day today. But I have decided on one thing, the past isn't to be forgotten, but it is to be learned from. So let's start the new year remembering some of the artists we lost, but also appreciating the works they left with us. Not everything comes out the same way, we've all grown up with the influences of these artists on the fringes of our lives, even if you haven't listened to them directly. So while some artists associated with specific fields have a strong presence, the loss of others broke many hearts.

Music has become background noise to our daily lives. It fills in the time in stores, cars, and elevators. It provides the core soundtracks to films. It entertains as well as stirs emotion.

Each song selected was chosen for a reason. I'll leave it up to you to deduce what it is. But we're starting 2017 on a high note. We got this. We're not going to give up.

David Bowie : Dance Magic

Prince : Let's Go Crazy

Merle Haggard : Mama Tried

Beastie Boys : Fight For Your Right To Party

Wham : Careless Whisper

Hope your new year is off to a strong start. I hope you had a safe holiday season, and get ready. There's 12 months to go until we reach 2018. But we've got this. We've got our friends, and our family. We have the lessons we've learned, and the lessons others have learned to help us.

Hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment